We received the call on January 4, 2010 that would change our lives forever. We were matched with birthparents who wanted to place their child for adoption with us. What a great day! It was my first day back to work after the holidays and I was feeling the post holiday blues. When the adoption social worker called I thought she was responding to a e-mail I sent earlier that day with a question. Can you imagine how shocked I was when she told me that were matched with a family. Our adoption worker was not sure about the actual due date, but we were told mid February! We scheduled to meet the birth couple on January 12, 2010 at a local library with the adoption worker. I then called Matt and told him we needed to cancel our trip to Arizona that Matt surprised me with for Christmas. He seems stunned and asked why and then I told him about the possible situation. It was a long 8 days as we waited to meet the birthcouple. . . . .
For those of you who do not know Matt and I began trying to have children almost 3 years ago. When diagnosed with infertility issues we decided to look at adoption. This was a very natural decision for me because of my former work in adoption and for Matt after we researched medical options we decided on this route. We sent our adoption paperwork in on January 26, 2009. Our home study was completed on April 3, 2009 and our birthparent profile was completed the first of May. So, we waited approximately eight months for this call.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment