Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY


Ty-to my beautiful son!  I had no idea I could love someone as much as I love you!  Thank you for coming into our lives!  You are my world and one smile from you makes the world right.  I hope you always know how much I love and adore you.  You just being here has made this the most perfect Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and for those who are waiting to be mothers!  It was wonderful to celebrate my first mother's day.  It was a low key day just spending time with my boys.  Ty got me some pictures of him for my office at work and we went out to eat and had a nice brunch!  Ty and I took a long afternoon nap together and watched the Brewer's win.  Daddy made a great dinner and then cleaned the floors (which I hate doing).  A perfect day!


Ty is talking up a storm

We thought often of Ty's birthmother today.  Earlier this week we sent her a packet of pictures, an update on how Ty was doing and a Mother's Day card.  She is a very special person to us!  We received a wonderful e-mail from her this afternoon.  I continue to be amazed at her strength during this adoption process.  She is an amazing mother even if she is not Ty's everyday parent!

This past week was bittersweet as I prepared to go back to work.  I prepared for work by snuggling and loving up Ty as much as I could.  We stayed home most of the week and enjoyed the great weather with many walks.  Ty and I had lunch with Sara and her daughter Amber.  Ty pooped again while we were eating lunch and then screamed bloody murder for about 5 minutes at lunch.  Thanks for coming to lunch with us and hopefully next time we go out Ty will not cry.

On Saturday we had a full day of travel.  We first visited my cousin Dana and her husband Patrick who have recently opened a photography studio in Watertown.  They did some great photos of Ty!  I will try and post some of those pics in the future.  They did an excellent job and if you would like to see some of their work you can link here:  http://www.stinnettstudios.com/  Thank you!

We then went to my other cousin, Tiffany to welcome their daughter Dahlia who was born two months before Ty.  They had a tree planting and garden party to welcome her into this world.  Everyone brought a perennial plant that was planted in her garden.  What a great idea!  It was great to see their place and for the second cousins to meet.


Cousins and second cousins






Ready for my walk, but do I have to wear this hat!?!?

Watching mom clean the screen porch.  Ty did not offer to help!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!! May the force be with you as you return to your job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful visit we had at Tif's. Seeing the babies (Ty and Dahlia) together was so perfect. I still can't get over how much Ty had to tell me. As much as he talks, I would look into politics for his future...ha ha<3 Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete